“What’s Expected from a Bull”
1. BE ON TIME. If you are going to be late, let us know.
2. Wear your uniform and hat properly and with respect.
3. SPRINT on and off the field every inning. Hustle wins.
4. SPRINT from batter’s box to first base every time.
5. Pick up signs—in batter’s box, on bases and in the field.
6. ALWAYS know the number of outs.
7. Pitchers cover first base on ALL balls to the right side.
8. Back up bases on EVERY play, there’s always somewhere to be.
9. Pick up 3rd base coach EVERY time.
10. Hit cut-off men, EVERY time.
11. Catch fly balls with TWO hands whenever possible.
12. Make an attempt to block ALL balls in the dirt, regardless if there are runners.
13. Dugouts are for players and coaches only—no talking with parents or friends.
14. EVERY PLAYER will participate in chasing foul balls.
15. Throwing helmets, bats or anything else during a game is unacceptable.
16. BEHAVE like a BULL--support and respect your teammates, coaches as well as your opponents, umpires and fans--(sanction is immediate removal from the game).
Building a Proud Tradition in Southeast Missouri Baseball